TOPEKA – Republicans in the Kansas Statehouse announced Nov. 11 that they have enough signatures from lawmakers to call the Legislature back into a special session this month to fight federal vaccine rules.
TOPEKA – Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly says she plans to introduce legislation in January to exempt food from the state sales tax, joining Attorney General Derek Schmidt in urging GOP leaders to take action on the issue.
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Support is growing among Republicans to call the Kansas Legislature into a special session before Thanksgiving to enact new laws for protecting workers who choose not to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
WASHINGTON — More than 20 Republican state attorneys general are threatening to sue the Biden administration over its mandate that large employers require their employees to either be vaccinated against the coronavirus or undergo weekly testing.
SHANKSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Across the vast field where the plane fell out of the sky so many years ago, all is quiet.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Thursday is announcing sweeping new federal vaccine requirements affecting as many as 100 million Americans in an all-out effort to increase COVID-19 vaccinations and curb the surging delta variant that is killing thousands each week and jeopardizing …
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Board of Regents has asked the state's six public universities to provide a list of courses that include Critical Race Theory concepts.
HARTFORD, Kan. (AP) — Two Lyon County residents are facing possible animal cruelty charges after authorities removed 17 dogs from their home, authorities said.
MANHATTAN (AP) – Kansas State University President Richard Myers said on May 24 that he intends to retire at the end of the calendar year.
TOPEKA (AP) – Budget legislation signed Friday by Gov. Laura Kelly increases funding for Kansas courts, provides extra dollars for higher education and funds a new state health laboratory.
- Andover sets lineup for summer concerts
- Rockin’ Rico’s keeps slinging sno balls
- DHS alum Heincker to take over Panther wrestling
- Derby High freshman to attend NYC program
- Suspect arrested, charged for fatal crash near Derby
- Investors file lawsuit against Spirit
- Softball claims 11 all-league honors
- Buehne had hands-on impact with school district
- Field is set for local elections in November
- BOE tables talk on middle school attendance devices
State News Briefs
- $650 million vaccine plant coming to Manhattan
- Gov. Kelly signs bill designating plum as state fruit
- Kansas governor OKs funds for courts, higher education
- Cox employees to award $68,000 to teachers
- Kansas expects thousands fewer Johnson & Johnson vaccines
- University of Kansas to stop requiring entrance exams
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles.