TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly on Friday directed that flags be lowered to half-staff across the state to recognize that more than 5,000 Kansans have now lost their lives to COVID-19.
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Kansas has requested less than 9% of its federal allocation of COVID-19 vaccine doses for this week, as Republican state lawmakers try to revive proposals to ban government vaccine passports and restore limits on tracing the close contacts of people exposed to the virus.
TOPEKA – Gov. Laura Kelly urged pandemic-battered Kansas small businesses Thursday to apply for the second round of forgivable loans through the federal Paycheck Protection Program ahead of the May 31 deadline.
TOPEKA (AP) – A big political battle is brewing over whether top Republicans in the GOP-controlled Legislature will have the final say over how the state spends more than $4.8 billion it expects to receive from the latest federal COVID-19 relief package.
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Conservative Republicans in Kansas failed Monday to overturn the Democratic governor's veto of a proposed ban on transgender athletes in girls' and women's sports, unable to convert successes in other states or Caitlyn Jenner's support into enough momentum.
MISSION, Kan. (AP) — Fewer than five of Kansas' 105 counties still require masks, and those still in place might not last much longer.
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Gov. Laura Kelly has vetoed a ban on the use of state dollars to enforce mask mandates and 17 other budget provisions amid ongoing strain between the first-term Democrat and the GOP-dominated Legislature.
LAWRENCE (AP) – Kansas counties are increasingly allowing people to walk in to get a coronavirus vaccine without an appointment as interest wanes.
- Master sign plan approved for Menards development
- Lindsey leaves DHS as one of most decorated athletes
- This is the Least Expensive Zip Code in Arkansas
- Boeing CEO, Derby native funding scholarships
- City advancing program to improve business facades
- ‘Destined to lead tomorrow:’ Derby class of 2021 turns the tassel
- Derby science teacher wins fellowship
- Derby soccer finds new offensive ace
- Outstanding seniors recognized at assembly
- Rock River Rapids preps for opening