TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Kansas may have paid $600 million worth of bogus claims for unemployment benefits last year, a legislative audit said Wednesday, more than double an estimate from the state Department of Labor.
TOPEKA (AP) – A House committee on Monday approved a bill that would create an independent agency to oversee Kansas’ foster care system.
TOPEKA – Representatives of several Kansas universities support a bill allowing collegiate student-athletes to profit from their name, image and likeness as soon as 2022.
WICHITA – Last February, the city of Cheney – located just west of Wichita – paid about $2 per thousand cubic feet, or unit, of natural gas on the wholesale market.
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Energy companies across Kansas suspended rolling power blackouts Tuesday but asked customers to continue conserving energy as the state remains in the deep freeze.
Topeka – The Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) recently announced that the agency’s new identity verification software system has blocked over one million fraudulent login attempts and BOT attacks since it went live on Feb. 2.
TOPEKA (AP) — A second case of a more-contagious coronavirus variant has been confirmed in Kansas, state health officials said Monday.
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A frigid blast of winter weather across the U.S. plunged Texas into an unusually icy emergency Monday that knocked out power to more than 2 million people and shut down grocery stores and dangerously snowy roads.
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Gov. Laura Kelly has declared a state of disaster for Kansas as frigid temperatures and life-threatening wind chills continue to grip the state.
- The restaurant established by Juan Martinez lives on as a Derby institution
- Local performer finds ‘New Life’ running own studio
- Keto On With Kerri continues expanding
- Home & hoops: Abasolos share roots in basketball
- Panthers sending six wrestlers to state
- Derby holds off Maize South in overtime
- Bowling preps for 6A regionals
- Wyandotte Nation set to open casino near Wichita
- Derby student wins Optimist Club essay contest
- Former Falcon makes gaga ball pit for Derby North Middle School