WASHINGTON — More than 20 Republican state attorneys general are threatening to sue the Biden administration over its mandate that large employers require their employees to either be vaccinated against the coronavirus or undergo weekly testing.
SHANKSVILLE, Pa. (AP) — Across the vast field where the plane fell out of the sky so many years ago, all is quiet.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden on Thursday is announcing sweeping new federal vaccine requirements affecting as many as 100 million Americans in an all-out effort to increase COVID-19 vaccinations and curb the surging delta variant that is killing thousands each week and jeopardizing …
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Board of Regents has asked the state's six public universities to provide a list of courses that include Critical Race Theory concepts.
HARTFORD, Kan. (AP) — Two Lyon County residents are facing possible animal cruelty charges after authorities removed 17 dogs from their home, authorities said.
MANHATTAN (AP) – Kansas State University President Richard Myers said on May 24 that he intends to retire at the end of the calendar year.
TOPEKA (AP) – Budget legislation signed Friday by Gov. Laura Kelly increases funding for Kansas courts, provides extra dollars for higher education and funds a new state health laboratory.
TOPEKA – Kansas, a state that relies heavily on the cattle industry to power its economy, faces a shortage of the veterinarians that tend to the livestock.
TOPEKA (AP) – A Manhattan man has been charged with defrauding a Wichita bank out of $127,100 in COVID-19 aid meant for small businesses affected by the pandemic.
Educators across Kansas can now apply for grants that will directly impact their classrooms thanks to Cox Communications employees. Cox Charities Education Grant applications are available for public and private schools (grades pre-K-12) in Cox communities. Teachers can visit https://www.cox…
- Derby considers ‘final phase’ of STAR bond development
- Tauer and Karel win homecoming honors
- Derby schools considering new incentives for substitutes
- Plans moving forward on Pleasantview redevelopment
- In times of trouble, police chaplain helps comfort and calm
- Joe Herndon Memorial Scholarship presented on Armed Forces Appreciation Night
- Derby rides 70 point first half to defeat Salina South 77-7
- OPINION: New beginnings at Cooper Elementary
- Derby BOE approves security system at Panther Stadium
- City zoning and subdivision amendments getting closer to final approval