The Derby Health Collaborative received a grant to help the community take action against substance abuse and raise awareness of mental health.
Initially, the Kansas Leadership Center launched its Kansas Beats the Virus campaign last fall to empower local entities to help find ways to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Following weeks of planning and discussion, Derby City Manager Kathy Sexton presented the 2022 recommended budget at the latest city council meeting on July 13.As presented, the 2022 budget is estimated at $46.8 million – a 6.2 percent increase over 2021. Per the budget, 47.7 mills are set t…
Derby Public Schools has reported six cases of the coronavirus since its summer programming began on June 1. While that may not be a high total overall, the effects have been personal for parent Christina Witten.
Derby City Manager Kathy Sexton recently announced her plan to conclude service at the city on Dec. 10, 2021. Sexton has been city manager since 2006.
The Derby Recreation Commission held the inaugural cardboard boat regatta on July 8 at Rock River Rapids. Participants from around the area came to test their cardboard creations against the waters of the lap pool.
Outside of services offered by The Rock Counseling, Derby’s South Rock Christian Church has participated in a nationwide program – GriefShare – with a similar mission for more than five years now.
Celebrating Christmas in July, local motorcycle riders, American Legion Family Post 408 and Derby Fire got in the spirit to help support the fifth annual Derby Operation Holiday Toy Run on July 10.
A faulty piece of equipment at Derby’s wastewater treatment facility triggered a stream advisory that was issued and rescinded last week.
As the Derby school district is preparing for a full return to in-person instruction this fall, the Derby Board of Education approved a set of protocols for handling COVID-19.
Two grants have been awarded through the Derby Community Foundation to support adult meals as part of USD 260’s Summer Lunch Program.
The Derby Rotary Club held its annual banquet at the Hubbard Arts Center on June 24.
About 40.1% of people in Kansas are fully vaccinated, per the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. About 45.5% have received just the first dose.
Derby News Briefs
- DCF supports Senior Services
- DCF makes Primetime grant presentation
- DRC pool and more set to close for maintenance
- DRC hosting water battle and BBQ
- Derby Community Foundation supports local health clinic
- Derby resident makes Baylor honor list
- Local students make Barton dean’s list
- Local students make Southwestern honor roll
- Derby parent: Kids contracted COVID-19 despite not being identified as high-risk
- Derby’s sandwich options to expand in the coming months
- Stuhlsatz sent off into retirement with care
- Derby High School announces Derby Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- Derby football takes KC Elite seven-on-seven title
- OPINION: A defining moment that changed a career path
- Douglas Keck Buchanan
- Los Candiles open for business in Mulvane
- Shelton receives Scholar All-American honors
- Police Calls: 07/12/21 to 07/18/21