This week, the Derby Board of Education has doubled, tripled and even quadrupled down on its decision to continue a districtwide mask mandate through the end of the school year.
Derby Public Schools has reported only 16 new cases of the novel coronavirus since the beginning of March.
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Kansas legislators are working on a plan for setting aside potentially several hundred million dollars in federal COVID-19 relief funds to pay businesses harmed by state and local restrictions imposed last year to check the virus' spread.
Derby Public Schools will continue to mandate masks at its facilities through the end of the semester as part of its COVID-19 safety protocols.
Derby students will remain in classrooms through at least mid-April.
Doctors told Mona Martin three times over the last three months that her husband of 44 years, Rob, might not make it through the night.
With staff members receiving vaccines and new cases on decline, Derby Public Schools is looking to slowly start peeling back some of its COVID-19 restrictions as it heads into spring break.
A staff member at Derby Public Schools has died due to complications of the coronavirus, the district confirmed in an email to the Informer.
WASHINGTON – A Food and Drug Administration advisory panel on Friday gave its green light to a COVID-19 vaccine from Johnson & Johnson, signaling that states will soon see a third vaccine option in their weekly shipments – and the first that only requires one shot.
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Conservative legislators, still smarting over actions Democratic Gov. Laura Kelly took early in the coronavirus pandemic, pushed Monday to prevent the state from restricting religious gatherings or keeping abortion providers open during emergencies.
Derby Public Schools will partner with two local pharmacies to offer COVID-19 vaccinations to staff this week.
At its Feb. 8 meeting, the Derby Board of Education heard an update on the district’s efforts to reach out to remote students with absences and help them stay connected.
- Derby school board reaffirms decision to continue mask mandate
- Drive-thru plans approved for The COOP and Coffee House
- Letter to the Editor: Long overdue recognition for DHS swim
- Glass blower among artists featured at upcoming Spring Into Art
- 1 arrested after shooting in Mulvane
- Derby woman, Wichita ‘cyborg’ champions for upper limb amputees
- First steps of Vision Derby 2040 to come through zoning changes
- Young carries one of JUCO softball’s best bats
- Zoning change hits road block after neighborhood feedback
- Bo Arthur