The Derby Recreation Commission recently announced that Aquatic Program Coordinator Donita Grinde-Houtman has been awarded the Outstanding Aquatic Professional award by her peers at the Kansas Recreation and Parks Association (KRPA). This award is given to the outstanding aquatic professiona…
The new green slide was recently put in at Rock River Rapids, to debut with the water park’s 2021 season starting on May 31. Splashtacular LLC handled installation. The green slide replaces the red slide and will feature two horizontal loops, while also being open to younger park visitors wi…
When The COOP and Coffee House (104 N. Baltimore) opened a little over a year ago, the intent was always to offer drive-thru service like The Coffee House location near the intersection of Madison and Rock.
In the midst of fast-moving housing market, buyers in the area will get the chance to see some prime real estate through April as part of the Wichita Area Builders Association’s 2021 Spring Parade of Homes.
Amtrak plans to restart daily passenger service on its Southwest Chief route across Kansas beginning May 31.
The sandwich options keep piling on for local residents, as plans for a McAlister’s Deli location in Derby were recently confirmed. The restaurant will be located at 2425 N. Rock Rd. in Derby, just south of Cambridge (between Club Car Wash and Firestone) and is projected to open in late Augu…
While scheduled well in advance of last week’s decision by the Sedgwick County Commission to drop its pandemic-related public health orders, the turnout at the Derby Chamber of Commerce’s first-ever bowling tournament on March 26 showed the demand for such events – something Mark Staats, cha…
Entering the 2020 fiscal year, the city of Derby stood on solid ground, financially speaking.
- Derby school board reaffirms decision to continue mask mandate
- Drive-thru plans approved for The COOP and Coffee House
- Letter to the Editor: Long overdue recognition for DHS swim
- Glass blower among artists featured at upcoming Spring Into Art
- 1 arrested after shooting in Mulvane
- Derby woman, Wichita ‘cyborg’ champions for upper limb amputees
- First steps of Vision Derby 2040 to come through zoning changes
- Young carries one of JUCO softball’s best bats
- Zoning change hits road block after neighborhood feedback
- Bo Arthur