Amid a national struggle for substitute coverage, Derby Public Schools is launching a new recruiting campaign.
Community members gathered on Oct. 9 at Madison Avenue Central Park for the Derby Chamber of Commerce's chili cook-off, which was canceled last year due to the pandemic and postponed by a week this year due to inclement weather.
Excitement, fellowship and the smell of a couple dozen pots of chili filled the air at Madison Avenue Central Park on Oct. 9 as businesses, patrons and community leaders gathered for the Derby Chamber of Commerce Chili Cook-Off.
To allow companies to provide services on the city’s dedicated right-of-way, franchise ordinances exist in Derby for said companies to operate uninterrupted.
As a trend, “bin stores” have been popping up across the country for the past couple of years – with online liquidators opening up brick-and-mortar shops to give customers physical access to their discounted merchandise.
The Kansas Association of School Boards (KASB) reached a settlement with Derby schools’ natural gas provider, Symmetry, over a high winter gas bill –saving the district $96,136.19.
Shortly after the Derby school district sold the Pleasantview Elementary building in 2020, plans began to form for the property’s transformation. Upon purchase, developer Tom Schmeidler announced his intention to turn the former school site into a senior housing development.Now, those effort…
- KDHE lifts boil water advisory for Derby, Sedgwick County Rural Water District No. 3
- Derby still under advisory as KDHE rescinds boil water order in Wichita
- Derby hosting public STAR bond hearing Oct. 26
- Bullseye Bins sets sights on bringing liquidation deals to Derby
- K-State marching band the right tune for many Derby grads
- Derby BOE candidates introduced to voters at forum
- Derby always the perfect spot for Schott
- Keeping fans fed a priority for Panthers' PAC-man
- Haysville Fall Festival back in full form
- Derby hosts Maize in battle of top AVCTL-I offenses
- Blue Cross Blue Shield to provide free mental health support
- Senators announce grant for entrepreneurship coalition
- Derby approves bond issuance for BG Expansion
- Aviation manufacturers to receive $103 million
- Kansas to provide pay boost for understaffed hospitals
- KDOT holding regional local consult meetings online