Derby’s eyes lit up at the sound of a three-peat and who could blame them?
Senior quarterback Lem Wash was the last player to leave the field at the College Boulevard Activity Center in Olathe and was nearly speechless at the thought.
It wasn’t for himself, but the program that he and 19 seniors helped guide to its first set of three-straight championships and six titles in the last eight years.
- Off the beaten path: DHS grad on Pan-American journey
- Weight loss leads to numerous life changes for Derby woman
- Talliano’s closes after nearly three decades in business
- Slide construction moving forward at Derby water park
- Ace in the hole: Rock/Madison development expanding
- Allow me to reintroduce myself
- Derby Police Department to test hybrid patrol vehicles
- Derby teacher recognized among 32 new educators across Kansas
- Derby BOE selects new leadership
- DPS reports new high of 24 student cases in weekly COVID update