As Maize’s bleachers and sidelines roared, Derby players and fans stared at the stadium scoreboard in disbelief.
For the first time in over six seasons, Derby (3-2) tasted defeat in an AVCTL-I game, falling 36-35. It broke a 29-game league winning streak, which began after a Sept. 5, 2014 loss at Maize.
It is also the first time since 2011 (started the season 0-2) that Derby has dropped two games in the regular season.
- Schlotzsky’s bringing “lotz” more sandwiches to Derby
- SIX STRAIGHT: Derby returning to 6A title game
- Funnel cake stand’s stolen equipment recovered
- What you need to know about Saturday’s game in Olathe
- Derby’s name etching deeper in state record books
- Franchise change brings Rind and Grind to Derby
- Football & more: Three seniors taking talents to college in different sports
- U.S. Space Command won’t land in Derby/Wichita Area
- SILENT ASSASSIN: Carpenter wreaking havoc on opponents
- Derby schools to move fully online through New Year’s